ItEN! in spanish?

Discussion about the core rules - questions, clarifications and updates.
Oswor

ItEN! in spanish?

Postby Oswor » September 16th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Hi everyone!

First of all I want to introduce myself to the forum. Hello forum!

Secondly, I want to answer the ItEN! gurus a question. It is possible -or acceptable- to translate the core rules and create a spanish version of it?

I am from Spain. I know many people tha would enjoy a game of ItEN!. But I also know many players that avoid english as a plague. Why? I don´t know.

What would you think if someone translates the rulebook and share it with spanish fans?

PD: I remember that people from the spanish forum La Armada started translating ItEN years ago, but the project seems dead by now.

Jodrell

Re: ItEN! in spanish?

Postby Jodrell » September 16th, 2013, 8:46 pm

I am not aware of a Spanish translation, but anyone who wants to translate ItEN into Spanish or any other language is more than welcome to do so. The only requirements (off the top of my head) would be):

• don't change any of the rules
  • retain the credits and copyright statements
  • don't infringe GW's intellectual property rights

Oswor

Postby Oswor » September 17th, 2013, 9:39 pm

I absolutely agree.

My plan is to translate the corebook literally. No changes in the rules, no changes in the credits, no changes at all. Even Craig´s foreword; especially the foreword, as I think it explains a lot of the goals and motivation of ItEN.

Oswor

Postby Oswor » September 27th, 2013, 9:43 am

It is done. I finished the translation of the Core Book and now i need to make some minor corrections. I preserved the credits and the copyright notice, and tried to be as literal as possible.

I want to post it on my blog, giving you guys full credit. Can send/post a copy here, too.

Jodrell

Postby Jodrell » September 27th, 2013, 12:59 pm

Oswor wrote:It is done. I finished the translation of the Core Book and now i need to make some minor corrections. I preserved the credits and the copyright notice, and tried to be as literal as possible.

I want to post it on my blog, giving you guys full credit. Can send/post a copy here, too.

Great! Please do!

Oswor

Postby Oswor » January 6th, 2014, 10:59 am

You can download the spanish translation of ItEN! here:

As you can see, I used the same everything that the original. Including credits.

Return to “Core Rules”

Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor