First game of ITEN

Post your battle reports here!
Redordead

First game of ITEN

Postby Redordead » September 26th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Hi everyone.

Here's a link to my blog with a photolog battle report between a snooping bunch of umie Arbites that asked too many questions and a very large Ork Arms dealer called 'Boss Klanky'.

http://darkenderz.blogspot.com/2011/09/here-is-announcement-and-in-emperors.html

I hope you enjoy it. Tomorrow's game takes place on an Imperial garden world overrun with plague zombies. The only survivor from a Vostroyan forward observation mission is trapped in a bunker and a crack team has to break him out. The only trouble is, (apart from 50 drooling plague zombies...) that an Eldar Warlock and his aspect warrior bodyguard have something to say about it.

Red

Craig

Re: First game of ITEN

Postby Craig » September 27th, 2011, 8:11 am

Loved the AAR and the photos :)

The rules themselves are great, (who can complain about free rules?) but there are a lot of errors, typos and layout issues that make navigating them difficult. All that means for me is more than 1 game in order to get used to it.

So where are these errors, typos and layout issues? Please list them so I can create a better version. I already have a fairly long list from other players, but every scrap of feedback is really useful.
Cheers,
Craig.
"Youth and Talent are no match for Age and Treachery".

Redordead

Postby Redordead » October 1st, 2011, 7:31 pm

Hi Craig.

The typos and other errors that I refer to have already been reported on the wordpress site by other users. I feel churlish for mentioning them at all after your hard work mate!

Tom

Redordead

Postby Redordead » October 1st, 2011, 8:54 pm

Hi Craig.

I had another look at comments by other users and a couple of common themes come up:

- The need to clarify running distance
- An appendix with all the FV and SV modifiers
- clarify exactly what the weapon classifications mean; heavy, light, etc... (you already gave me a response to this on the yahoo group, but it would be good to have it confirmed in your next update).
- There are 2 mentions of adding speed value to armour when running, but it isn't listed as a rule.

I love this game mate. Anything I've brought up here is just about making the rules flow.

Thanks again mate,

Tom

Craig

Postby Craig » October 2nd, 2011, 2:18 pm

Let's make this clear for everyone - all feedback is useful.

We're not one of those prissy teams that get all defensive if someone says their 'baby' is ugly, we'd really prefer to know so we can make the next version prettier.

I've copied your comments into my ongoing working copy list.
Cheers,
Craig.

Redordead

Postby Redordead » October 3rd, 2011, 12:11 pm

That's good to know mate, cheers.

I've got another game this Tuesday with my Genestealer cult. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any genestealers in it, but I'm hoping the converted hybrids and Magus will make up for that somewhat if I can't scavenge a purestrain or 2!

We'll be playing "The Ritual". The Ordo Hereticus will be desperately trying to kill the Magus before he can complete the psychic beacon that will summon the Hive Fleet!

(Battle report to follow)

Tom

Craig

Postby Craig » October 4th, 2011, 8:19 am

Sounds like time to summon a Deathwatch Kill team to me... :D

I'll look forward to your AAR.
Cheers,
Craig.

Return to “AARs & Battle Reports”

Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor