FUBAR - Harrogate Wargames Club Variant

Vulture

FUBAR - Harrogate Wargames Club Variant

Postby Vulture » January 20th, 2013, 1:01 am

Hi Guys

Really like the FUBAR rules, but have felt the need to 'tweak' and spread them out over more pages with a bigger font. One page purists will be massively offended, but so be it.

We tried out the rules at the Harrogate Club last Thursday. I umpired and we had 3 people playing per side. So far the game has gone really well, and we plan to finish it next week, and then the surviving troops will be taken forward into another game, which we start the same night (the scenario for which I shall write up this week).

Our FUBAR variant is the 4th Ed rules merged with the generic sci-fi added in, with the following additions:

1. When Walking troops may fire at any time during their move. So they could fire at the start, then move, or fire later after starting to move, and if still have an allowance, keep going afterwards. This allows pop-up manoeuvres.

2. When on GUARD, troops as well as firing at targets that move in their fire arc, can also return fire .

3. I've added some specific armour penetration rules, and a non-penetrating damage table.

4. Plus quite a few other small tweaks.

Here's a couple of photos from the game.

If anyone's interested I'll post Order Of Battle for the two side.

I generated small vehicle record cards (from an Excel file), which I printed out, then cut up to size and inserted into these clear plastic playing card sleeves you can buy cheaply. They went down well with the guys.

I've attached the Vehicle record file for your interest. It's a work in progress document at this time.

I'll post the results of the game in the AAR section.

Kind regards to all

Vulture
Attachments
FUBAR___Vehicle_Records_Cards__V4.xls
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 139 times
FUBAR___IEG__Scenario-LV478_Game_1__V1.doc
(42 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
FUBAR___IEG__Rules_Expanded__Version_2-2-0a.doc
(370.5 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
'What we do in life, echoes in eternity...'

My Wargaming Blog: http://vultureswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Calico_Bill

Re: FUBAR - Harrogate Wargames Club Variant

Postby Calico_Bill » May 11th, 2015, 11:23 am

Hi Ian,
Thanks for the rules. I downloaded them yesterday from the Yahoo site and have been having a lot of fun testing them out solo. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a proper game of them tomorrow. Does your club still play them, and if so, what changes have you made?
Thanks again,
Brett

Vulture

Postby Vulture » May 11th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Calico_Bill wrote:Hi Ian,
Thanks for the rules. I downloaded them yesterday from the Yahoo site and have been having a lot of fun testing them out solo. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a proper game of them tomorrow. Does your club still play them, and if so, what changes have you made?
Thanks again,
Brett

Hi Brett
Yes we are continuing to use them at the club I go to.
Links to the most up to date version are on my Wargaming Blog on this page:
http://vultureswargamingblog.blogspot.c ... rules.html
Add a couple of minor extra bits an tightened things up.
Enjoy trying them out :)

'What we do in life, echoes in eternity...'

My Wargaming Blog: http://vultureswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Calico_Bill

Postby Calico_Bill » May 13th, 2015, 9:11 am

Thanks for that. Downloaded and will spring them on a group of unsuspecting gamers this weekend! :D

Return to “15mm Fubar”

Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor