Sound Officers Call

disgruntledfusilier

Sound Officers Call

Postby disgruntledfusilier » April 16th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Greetings All!
Just joined the Forge of War forum and site. Am really liking the FUBAR system (unfortunately I tried FUBAR AFTER shelling out $$ on IronIvan and their numerous supplements) and I very much hope to try out the other systems.

FUBAR has not yet been showcased on my blog, but it will be soon, pending a household move. Until then, feel free to stop by and have a look:

www.soundofficerscall.blogspot.com

Have Sci-Fi, Moderns, WWII, Cold War, AWI, ACW, Napoleonics, Fantasy, and a few other genres there.

Steve

Craig

Re: Sound Officers Call

Postby Craig » April 18th, 2013, 9:29 pm

Hi Steve,

Welcome aboard!

Had a quick gander at your blog, and you've gotta love them Wargames Factory Shocktroopers. After I built three boxes of them I used the spare heads to remodel my entire IG force - all I have to do now is paint them all :shock: I even have an entire command squad with c'thuloid squid-heads for when I want to deploy them as rebels :D

Any chance of you discussing your SOCWAD rules here? We're an open group here so anything homegrown is welcome. Remember I didn't write the current Forge of War, FUBAR or ItEN rules, these guys here did. I just lit the blue touchpaper and stepped back...
Cheers,
Craig.
"Youth and Talent are no match for Age and Treachery".

disgruntledfusilier

Postby disgruntledfusilier » April 18th, 2013, 10:15 pm

Thanks for the hearty welcome, Craig!
Glad you liked the blog. I hope to showcase many a FUBAR game when I get my table up and running. In the middle of a house move now but FUBAR was an instant classic with me.

SOCWAD is the modern, late 20th century Iron Ivan Supplement for their popular Disposable Heroes skirmish rules. I merely took SOCWAD one step further and introduced it into the 40k universe. Think Dan Abnett novels and there you go. (one heck of a writer, isn't he?). Would be more than happy to share the Google Doc with you that have the stats for marine, guard, cultist, etc. I post AAR's on the Iron Ivan yahoo group page all the time and no one seems interested...

I have been working on a set of micro armour rules that seem right up the group's alley, however. I've had them since college in various forms and they might work very nicely for large, epic styled battles with much more fluid action than a more standard wargame sequence. Right now they're written for late 20th century actions, but, I think, easily converted for a sci fi genre. I've dubbed them "Steel Echelons" 8-)

disgruntledfusilier

Postby disgruntledfusilier » April 18th, 2013, 10:19 pm

by the way - the wargames factory greatcoat troopers are simply spectacular and a terrific value. I have the heavy weapons guys still to do to complement my blood pact units!

Return to “Member's Sites”

Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor