Games Workshop catch up with ItEN

Postby Craig » November 1st, 2011, 2:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I received the following message from Tom Nanson in Games Workshop today:

ItEN - Avoiding Copyright Issues
Tuesday, 1 November, 2011 12:34
Our Ref:11447

Hi Craig

I'd like to start by saying thank you for showing such enthusiasm for the Warhammer 40,000 universe by inventing your `In the Emperor's Name' rules. We love to see fans celebrating the hobby and running their own hobby projects.

We have a guide to `dos and don'ts' when working with Games Workshop's intellectual property and you can find this IP Policy at http://legal.games-workshop.co.uk. Please read and comply with this policy. You will also find a full disclaimer here.

We encourage fellow hobbyists to invent rules which work for them provided they comply with our IP Policy. Please update your disclaimer to match the one linked to above. Please also remove the Inquisition (p.1, Codex Daemonhunters), Adeptus Ministorum (p.247, Dark Heresy Rulebook) and Chaos Star (cover art, Liber Chaotica) symbols from your rules sets and ensure there are no other illustrations from Games Workshop publications copied into your rules documents. This will allow you to continue to enjoy the hobby while avoiding any copyright issues with your rules sets.

Please let me know you've made the changes by dropping me an email at [email protected].

I wish you the best of luck with ItEN going forward and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Tom

Tom Nanson
IP Assistant
Group Legal Department
Games Workshop Group PLC

Now isn't that a nice letter? Certainly not the draconian 'Cease & Desist' decree some were expecting.

So I have sent him back a short note saying that we will comply quickly with his request and that our only problem was accessing this IP policy as the link goes nowhere.

Once I have the disclaimer notice I'll insert it into the publication copy of ItEN on the blog, and in our other locations (Yahoo group and here).
Cheers,
Craig.
"Youth and Talent are no match for Age and Treachery".

Craig

Re: Games Workshop catch up with ItEN

Postby Craig » November 1st, 2011, 2:22 pm

Hey this guys quick, so now I have a working link I can add the following to ItEN:

Warhammer 40,000
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.

Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k Device, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2011, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.
Cheers,
Craig.

Angel Barracks

Postby Angel Barracks » November 1st, 2011, 3:25 pm

Indeed, they are not monsters.
Still I guess it may have been a sterner letter had the rules not been free and you were making money from them.

Craig

Postby Craig » November 1st, 2011, 5:21 pm

Methinks it would have been a case of balaclava helmets and baseball bats then... :(
Cheers,
Craig.

Return to “The Bunker”

Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor